The Federal Communications Commission regulates interstate and international radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable communications in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and US territories. An independent US government agency overseen by Congress, the Commission is the federal agency responsible for implementing and enforcing communications laws and regulations in the United States.
The Federal Communications Commission regulates interstate and international radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable communications in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and US territories. The Commission is an independent US government agency overseen by Congress and is the nation's primary agency for communications law, regulation, and innovation. Faced with the economic opportunities and challenges associated with rapidly evolving global communications advances, agencies are leveraging their capabilities in the following areas:
※ Testing and certifications for Safety are regulated by Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory Program.
|Related Laws||Target Items|
|The technical requirements in FCC regulations are to determine the size of radio disturbances that can interfere with wireless communication as well as limits and regulates the potential performance of devices that can cause interference.||Radio Frequency Devices and|
Devices/Components that transmits radio waves
|The Code of Federal Regulations Title 47 CFR Title 47||Part 2 : Frequency Allocations and Radio Treat Matters;|
General Rules and Regulations
|Radio Frequency Allocations and Radio Treaty Matters;|
General Rules and Regulations
|Part 15 : Subpart C,D, and Unlicensed Low Power Transmitters|
· Intentional Radiators
· Computers and Peripherals, Receivers, Telephones
· Unintentional Radiators
· Wireless Controls. Data Transmitters, Wireless Microphones, RFID, Fire Alarm System, WLAN, Bluetooth, JigBee, USB, etc.
|Part 18 : Industrial, Scientific and Medical equipment|
· Light Bulbs
· ISM Devices
· Electronic Ballasts, Microwave Ovens
|Part 22 : Public Mobile Serivce|
· Paging Equipment
· DCS(Digital Cellular Service)
· Wireless Telephones, TRS
|Part 24 : Licensed Personal Communication Services(PCS)||· PCS|
|Part 95 : Personal Radio Service||· CB Radio, FRS(Family Radio Services)|
· GMRS(General Mobile Radio Services)
· 218~219MHz Subpart F
· LPRS(LowPowerRadioServices) Subpart G
(Supplier's Declaration of Conformity)
· A Supplier's Declaration of Conformity(SDoC) is a method of demonstrating that a product, process, or service complies with a standard or specified technical requirements
· To apply the SDoC procedure, the responsible party must be located in the United States. Alternatively, a responsible party may apply the Certification procedure utilizing a Telecommunication Certification Body if they so choose, such as when they have no US presence or representation or simply wish to apply an FCC ID to the product.
· A technical test report, along with additional documentation will be kept on file and made available to the FCC on request.
· Prepare a “Compliance Information Statement”, and include it with the product literature.
· Prepare a label for the unit that uniquely identifies it and optionally, apply FCC logo.
· Include mandatory user’s manual information regarding the interference potential of the device.
· Certification means that manufacturers/importers of wireless devices that could affect the radio envrionment and broadcasting networks
· It is the most strict certification process for the sales in the state and for those who have qualified the requirements will be granted with
· 3 Digits of Grant Code will be given after revewing of the TCB documents
· Product Testing will be conducted by accredited testing laboratories by FCC and all data including technical specification and certified devices will be posted on public database.
· FCC ID must be markd on the product and it is require for the majority of the products
※ For the efficieincy of FCC certification management, labelling is required whcih is made of 3 digits of permanent grantee codes.
* TCB (Telecommunications Certification Body) : 민간인증기관 (인증업무를 일부 이양해 인증기관의 민영화 및 복수화를 도모)
|Documents Required||· FCC Form 731(Applicant's FCC Registration Number(FRN) and FCC ID(Grantee Code + Equipment Product Code)|
· Test report from registered testing laboratory by FCC
· Technical Documents (circuit diagrams, PCB Layouts, etc.)
· Detailed Photographs of products (8″×10″)
· Label design and placement
· Confidential Letter
· Product Testing(Accredited Testing Laboratory) → Issuance of Test Reports(Accredited Testing Laboratory) → Issuance of SDoC(Applicant) → Self Storage → Registration for ACTA
|Certification||· Application → Product Testing(Testing Laboratory or TCB) → TCB Certification → Registration|
· NRTL(Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory Program)
OSHA's Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) Program. Recognizes private sector organizations to perform certification for certain products to ensure that they meet the requirements of both the construction and general industry OSHA electrical standards.
NRTL Sujected Products
· Electrical conductors or equipment
· Explosion-proof devices
· Equipment related to LPG
· Fire Sensing Device
· Application Form
· Detailed information about the Applicant(in English)
· Facotry Information (in English)
· User's Manual (in Englsih)
· Circuit diagram
· Critical Component Lists
· NRTL Certifications of Critical Compnents
· Testing Sampels
|· 4-6 Weeks|